Monday, January 29, 2007

hmmm .... nesting or moaning???

Well, I guess I'm entitled to be a pain to live with at the moment. I am 38 wks pregnant afterall.
After having a pretty emotionally stable pregnancy (from my perspective anyway - and DH has been nice enough not to dispute it) I ended up in tears this morning all because I couldn't get a document to print properly and then I couldn't trim a photo properly. I stormed off to the shower and left DH to sort it out. Felt much better after the shower, but couldn't help but notice that DH had cut out the wrong photos. See, you don't have to be pregnant to make mistakes!

My bud Kristy (from Far Flung Craft) would be surprised/relieved/gloating if she saw me now. I am seriously looking through old photo albums (the "toxic" magnetic page ones) with the view of redoing them in more archivally safe "scrapbook" style albums. I cringe even as I write "scrapbook" cos I said I would never do scrapbooking. I'm trying to make it sound more like journalling or creating artist albums - but given that I am going to have to buy some definate scrapbooking products I know Kristy won't let me get away with it!

The reason for my new found interest in looking through photo albums that have happily sat in a box for the 4yrs we have been in Singapore, plus probably many more years before that is purely nesting. These boxes have just been sitting against the wall in our bedroom for years, and now need to be moved to accommodate baby stuff.

So today I plan to head off to Spotlight to buy some elastic to use to adapt sheets into fitted cot sheets (our cot is way smaller than the cot sheets we already have). I will also walk down the dreaded scrapbooking aisle to buy some acid neutralising/archival spray for some newspaper clippings, photo corners, and maybe a "proper" album with page protectors. I will NOT venture into the scrapbooking store in the same shopping centre. I do have an image to maintain :)

Shhh! Don't tell anyone!