Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back to school - the end of an era

Today was the last day of the school holidays. Both kids are back to school tomorrow. Neither of them are overly excited, although they are looking forward to seeing friends again. They quickly got into the habit of doing nothing, so while they complained about being bored from time to time (often!) they evidently became very comfortable with the lack of structure and demands placed on them. Hope that doesn't cause any problems when they go back.

We were going to go out and have a celebratory treat this afternoon to mark the end of the hols, but the kids got tied up with playdates. We might do something tomorrow to mark the first day back at school instead.

I was actually feeling a little frustrated that we didn't go out. Yet another thing on my "to do during the holidays" list that didn't happen. If I think about it in reference to my last post though, I realise that the actions don't matter so much ... we had fun together, which was more important.

Sudden realisation: this was my last holidays having just the two kids at home. Next time around there will be another. I really need to find as much 1 on 1 time with the kids as I can!!