Monday, January 19, 2009

The CHA miracle

In less than 4 days I will be on a plane to LA. Who'da thunk it?
I'm off to CHA to help out Kristy and the gang at the Far Flung Craft booth. Last year I was there in "official capacity" as a partner in the biz. This year, as a result of the move I reluctantly withdrew from the business. I've tried to help out wherever I can, and act as a distribution point for Australia. I didn't think I'd be at another CHA in any capacity.

Quick rewind to last Thursday night: just before bed, DH checked his email and discovered that he had freq flyer miles expiring soon. He made some passing remark that if we had known earlier maybe we could have tried to work out a way to get to CHA next week. I'm sure he thought that was the end of that. Suffice it to say that by the time he got up the next morning I had itinerary all worked out. Thankfully he and Kristy both said YES.

So, I'm off on my first trip without the kids in years. Woo hoo!!!