Monday, September 12, 2005

Working girl

I started work last week. Yay! I had all but given up, and all but convinced DH to try for a baby instead, LOL!

Last week I worked 3 afternoons at the clinic providing coverage for the boss while she was on leave. I never expected to like clinic work so much. The kids were great. Although the visiting boy from Burma was interesting - had to use his mum as an interpreter, and her english wasn't great either!...ohhh, and he pee'd all over the therapy equipment! Maybe suggesting toilet training for this 3 1/2 y.o. wasn't such a great idea.

Anyways..... TODAY I had my first day at Genesis. A big surprise - they do want me to work 2 days/wk after all. It was a lot of fun... although a bite on my thigh from one of the kids was not quite the welcome I had hoped for!

I have lots of prep work (unpaid!) to do at home, but I don't mind. It's just great to be a working girl again.

(Yeah, I know .... next week I'll probably be moaning about it!!)