Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Getting things done

Today is MrM's second day at childcare. He started last wednesday, and of course loved it. I surprised myself by not crying, worrying about him etc. I realised that when both the other kids went to childcare I was beside myself. I was so concerned about my babies and sad that a stage of their life where I (and DH - better give him some recognition!) was their sole caregiver was over. I mean, how was someone else supposed to know how to care for MY baby.

I thought I would be even worse this time around, knowing that this was going to be the last time I would be handing over a baby. I think because I was so sick with the flu I didn't really consider it. I am sad that my last baby is fast growing up, I guess I just feel that I can enjoy the "growing up" stage more and don't have to concentrate on baby-ness.

Anyway, today is the first day that I have had to myself since we moved. I should be concentrating on FFC things, but as pre usual housework etc called first. I am glad that I did take the time to get some personal stuff done. I've FINALLY sent out email change of address, and I've already had some response to that which is nice. Even more surprising, I've had a response to a general email request re establishing some work options. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

I still haven't touched my craft room though!