Saturday, June 14, 2008

Waiting

I'm getting itchy feet. Sick of living in the serviced apartment and can't wait to set up house. We signed loan papers this week, but it I'm getting frustrated with the whole process ... the bank is taking ages to process everything, and they "forgot" to tell us that we need to have insurance organised before they will release the money and exchange contracts of sale. Hopefully all will be finalised by Friday, which is settlement day. We now have fingers crossed that we will have our furniture delivered on Saturday.

I've been feeling pretty helpless in this whole process. I mean, we had a mortgage broker, buyers agent, and lawyer do most of the stuff, and DH was the only one liaising with them. I always dreamed about looking for and buying my own home - but maybe it's a good thing I wasn't: I'm sure the stress would have killed me!